1. Orders and Pricing
2. Order Acknowledgement
3. Stock Availability
4. Responsibilities of the Customer
5. Payment Checks
6. Deliveries & Charges
7. Risk & Title
9. Returns Policy, Faulty Goods and Complaints
10. Statutory Rights
11. Security Guarantee
12. Safety Warning & Disclaimer
13. General Terms
14. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
Deliveries will be made by a carrier nominated by us.
Most deliveries will need to be signed for.
Deliveries will usually be made within 1-5 work-days.Please note that the £ 4.95 shipping cost will cover most deliveries. Tentipi tents and stoves have a delivery charge of £10.00.Should the costs be in excess of £ 4.95 (as with overseas orders), the shipping costs quoted on the order confirmation will not be correct and should be disregarded.You will always be notified of the new shipping costs.
The Terms and Conditions listed below apply to the sale and purchase of goods between you and Nordic Outdoor Ltd. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.By ordering any product from us you are accepting these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions can be changed without any prior notification and it remainsthe responsibility of the customer to be familiar with them prior to placing an order.
All orders are subject to our approval and product availability. Nordic Outdoor Ltd’s acceptance of an order begins when the goods are despatched, and you will be charged at this time.
The prices of products are correct at the time of publication on our website.
We reserve the right to change prices on our website without prior notification.We will always try to ensure that all prices on our website are quoted correctly.
Occasionally, errors can occur. If there has been an error in the price of goods that you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. On these occasions, you can choose to either cancel your order or reorder it at the correct price.
If we are unable to contact you about an incorrect price we will cancel your order. Any payments which have already been made will be refunded.
All goods advertised on www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk are simply an invitation to the customer to either make further enquiries to us or to make an offer to purchase goods from us.
Acceptance of offers to purchase goods only takes place when the relevant goods orders are despatched by Nordic Outdoor Ltd and not before.
All goods are priced in GBP, and all other currencies are calculated automatically from this and hence should be regarded as a guide only.
When you have submitted an order you will be sent an e-mail confirming your order. Note that the £ 4.95 shipping cost will cover most items, should the £ 4.95 not cover the shipping costs (as with Tentipis and/or overseas shipping), you will be contacted prior to shipping (see 6 Deliveries).
It is possible however that we will on occasion be unable to fulfil your order immediately.
If this is the case we will inform you immediately with details of any delays or issues there may be.
Nordic Outdoor will not charge you until the order is ready for despatch, unless you have made a special order.
Please note that every care is taken in maintaining this website but errors and omissions in the information, availability and prices may occur. We will try to show actual product pictures where possible but some may be for illustrative purposes only.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all information given on your order form is complete and accurate. Where information given by the customer is incomplete, misleading or incorrect the customer will be liable for any costs involved in resolving the matter.
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuing institution refuses to authorise payment tous we will not despatch the goods and will not be liable for any delay or non delivery of orders.
Deliveries will be made by a carrier nominated by us.
Most deliveries will need to be signed for.
Deliveries will usually be made within 1-5 work-days.Please note that the £ 4.95 shipping cost will cover most deliveries. Tentipi tents and stoves have a delivery charge of £10.00.
Should the costs be in excess of £ 4.95 (as with overseas orders), the shipping costs quoted on the order confirmation will not be correct and should be disregarded.You will always be notified of the new shipping costs.Nordic Outdoor will not accept any responsibility for any failure to deliver goods or delay, damage or defect caused in doing so if the circumstances were beyond ourreasonable control. We will always do our best to assist you with your complaints to 3rd parties.
Ownership of goods will not pass to the customer until we have received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due us in respect of the goods.
Until ownership of the goods has passed to the customer, the customer must (i) hold the goods on a fiduciary basis as our trustee, (ii) store the goods (at no cost to us) and (iii) maintain the goods in satisfactory condition.
All goods are guaranteed against manufacturing or material defect.
A ‘standard’ guarantee which most goods are covered under is normally for one year.
Some manufacturers or materials (terms and conditions for these can usually be found in the product information) offer enhanced warranty terms such as ‘Customer Satisfaction Guarantee’ or ‘Lifetime’.In all cases these guarantees do not cover accidental or deliberate damage.If you have any questions regarding warranty claims please contact us either by e-mail or phone.Regular care will ensure that all of your outdoor equipment serves you well. If gear is not properly looked after it can become soiled, corroded or damaged and itsperformance can be significantly affected.If you have any questions regarding the aftercare of your product, please contact us, either by phone or e-mail.
If you wish to return any product bought from us please contact us first. To make a complaint please contact;
Nordic Outdoor Ltd
The Old Church Hall
225 Granton Road
Phone. 0131 552 3000
As a rule, please contact us before returning anything.
When returning items to Nordic Outdoor Ltd. it is your responsibility to ensure that the items arrive safe and sound. We cannot accept any responsibility for items lost in the post, therefore we would always recommend that you contact us prior to sending returns.
* If an item is damaged on delivery, you should not sign for the item and the courier will return it to us.
* If you have signed for an item and then later realise that it has been damaged, you should contacts us, either by phone or e-mail. Items should be securely packaged and any damage should be clearly indicated.
* We will refund any shipping costs, along with the costs of the damaged goods for items which are not being replaced.
* Replacement items will be sent at no extra charge.
If you are concerned that a product we have supplied may be faulty (not fit for purpose) and wish to return it to us for assessment please follow the guidelines below:*
Please contact us first.
* Any goods returned for assessment should be clean and dry, if this is not possible soiled goods may be subject to delays in processing for cleaning.
* Goods should be accompanied by your name and contact details.
* Full details of the perceived fault should be given in a brief letter.
* Please note that assessment of perceived faulty goods may take time to complete, however we will endeavour to process all investiagtions to a reasonable timescale.
* If the goods are found to have a fault we will repair, replace or refund the goods (at our sole discretion).
* If the goods are found to not be faulty, the goods will be returned to you. Nordic Outdoor Ltd, subject to the UK Statutory Right of Cancellation, reserves the right to charge you for the costs incurred in dealing with goods that are found not to be faulty.
Wrong items ordered
* If you have ordered the incorrect item, you can return it.
* Please contact us first.
* Amounts to be refunded will take account of the rights of cancellation and the sale of goods act, the customer is liable for the costs of returning goods.
* If you would like a replacement item to be sent to you, you may be charged again for delivery.
Incorrect items sent
* If we have sent you a wrong item, please contact us either by e-mail or phone.
* We will refund any postal charges that you incur sending incorrect items back to us, and will refund or replace the goods.
* If you have been sent a damaged or incorrect item, we will send you a replacement item of the same value at no extra cost.
* If you do not want a replacement item for damaged goods or items sent incorrectly, or if there is not an appropriate replacement available, you will be given a full refund, including the shipping charges.
Your statutory rights as a consumer in the United Kingdom will not be affected by these Terms and Conditions. Please note that as a consumer you have the statutory right within the United Kingdom to cancel your order and return any goods ordered in exchange for a refund. This statutory right of cancellation starts on the date that you submit your order and expires on the seventh working day after the day on which you receive the goods. This includes our obligation to refund you within 30 days if you cancel your order. Shipping costs of already delivered items will in most cases not be refunded.
The equipment that Nordic Outdoor Ltd sells may be used in pursuits that are potentially dangerous. It is the customer’s responsibility to consider their own safetyin the outdoors. Please seek appropriate advice before partaking in an activity, and enjoy the outdoors within your own limitations. Courses are available for training in all outdoor pursuits, and some of our partners can offer such training. Nordic Outdoor Ltd, its directors, employees and the contributors to this website will not be held responsible for any injury sustained whilst doing outdoor activities.Nothing however in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Nordic Outdoor Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of Nordic Outdoor Ltd, its directors, employees or agents or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are held to be unenforceable or invalid, the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain unaffected.No waiver of any right or breach by Nordic Outdoor Ltd under these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised person ofNordic Outdoor Ltd. Any such waiver shall not be construed as a waiver of any other right or breach.The Customer shall not assign the terms of the contract to purchase goods from Nordic Outdoor Ltd (as constituted by these Terms and Conditions as accepted by you)without the prior consent of Nordic Outdoor Ltd. Nordic Outdoor Ltd shall be entitled to assign and sub-contract the terms of this Contract without the consent of its customers.
The construction, validity and performance of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Law of Scotland and the Scottish Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes between you and Nordic Outdoor Ltd.
Company Registration #: 5554342