Hestra Ergo Grip Active Wool Terry Gloves
- A supple, tough, outdoor glove.
- Ergo Grip design provides maximum mobility and fingertip sensitivity.
- Treated goatskin leather palm for grip and durability.
- Backhand in windproof, breathable GORE-TEX Infinium™ stretch fabric.
- Removable wool terry liner.
- Neoprene cuff with Velcro adjustment.
Hestra has a long-term partnership with a new German leather supplier. The hides come from farms in southern Germany, a region known for good animal welfare, small-scale operations, and lots of natural grazing. They are then processed at a Bavarian quality tannery located in the same geographic region. One initiative was building its own purification plant, which removes 99 % of the contaminants from the water used in the tanning process, and a bio power plant that produces all the energy needed for production from in-house waste products. The tannery is ECO2L certified (Energy Controlled Leather) for its low CO2 emissions and “Gold rated” by the industry organisation LWG (Leather Working Group).
Wool is a natural “high-tec” fibre and possesses several advantages, such as its ability to uptake and release moisture vapour up to 36% of its dry weight, while being water-repellent at the same time. Recycled wool is a very sustainable option, as it saves a considerable amount of water, reduces land use and the use of chemicals for dyeing.